Re: nvidia driver and monitor with wqxga 2560 x 1600

A. F. Cano on 22/02/07 03:08, wrote:
On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 08:39:05PM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 01:31 +0000, Adam Hardy wrote:
Would it be reasonable to assume that the nvidia driver will run with a new video card and monitor with 2560 x 1600 resolution? In etch?

I'm not finding the information on nvidia's website, or on the web at all for that matter.
What particular Monitor are we talking about? Or is this a Dual Monitor
setup?

Probably the Dell 30" flat panel display.  I'm running Sarge on a Dell
8600 with WUXGA display (1920 X 1200) and a GeForce4 4200 Go GPU that is
quite obsolete these days already.  It works great.  I'd be interested
to know if my particular chip (with the latest prorprietary nvidia
driver for it) would work if I were to plug the new Dell 30" panel as
an external monitor.  I notice that the latest nvidia drivers already
don't support this chip...

Have you checked out the nvidia.com website? I didn't look far but it seems like they would have the answer for you, or you could go onto the forums there.