Re: DELL 2407WFP build in card reader

Joachim Gottschalk wrote:

>I have a DELL LCD monitor (UltraSharp 2407WFP) and it has a 9-in1 build in
>card reader, connected over USB. I wonder, if there is any chance to make
>this card reader work under linux. I tried to compile a kernel with USB and
>MMC support, but my linux still can not detect it. Does anybody have any
>idea?

If you only get /dev/sda appearing when you plug in the USB cable, your
problem is likely to be that you have omitted probing SCSI LUNs from
your kernel (kernel option CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN). I had this problem on
my 2405 and when I compiled in that option I got /dev/sd{b,c,d} as well,
which made the slots other than the CF slot work (which was /dev/sda).