Running QEMU from a cron job

I am wanting to restart a QEMU virtual machine from a cron entry, let
the VM do something, and then after a period of time freeze the VM
until the next day.  After reading the docs and browsing the Web for a
few days, I'm not so sure this is possible.

Of course, much control is available interactively, and maybe I'm just
not seeing the way this could be done as few examples exist in the user
docs.  Any tips will be appreciated.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of