Re: Router doesn't recognize

sinebubble wrote:

> Paul, this particular host has a static IP address and that is recorded on
> the router. However, it does not show up as "active" on the router.

OK.  If I understand correctly, you have a router set up to give out DHCP,
and a static assignment for the machine not showing up as active.  On the
problem machine, you have a statically established interface.  If this is
correct, then you would need to change the problem machine's network
settings to use DHCP and just grab the static assignment the router wants
to dole out.  Then it should appear as active on the router.