Re: Something is terrible wrong with my internet connection, help needed!

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 09:22:54PM +0100, Niels Rasmussen wrote:
> What does the avahi-daemon do ?

zeroconf, avahi and others are part of a group of packages to make users
lives easier. zeroconf = zero configuration. That is, these are part of
a system whereby the user does not have to configure anything. It checks
your local network for things like: printers, file shares, etc. and
'discovers' them. In this case, its process is interfering with your
networking. Addresses in the 169.x.x.x range are an indication of this.
I'm not an expert in this, so this from memory. Consult wikipedia for
more info or similar.

|   my keysever: subkeys.pgp.net |     my NPO: cfsg.org         |