Re: Upgrade to MySQL tries to remove kernel

On 2/21/07, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 04:04:33PM -0500, Ropetin Again wrote:
> We're having a slight issue with one of our Debian servers.  It has been
> running for about 6 months now, using only standard stable packages.  To
> support a specific web application, I need to upgrade the version of MySQL
> we have installed.  To achieve this I set up apt-pinning to Testing, and
> tried upgrading to the Testing version of MySQL.

Bad Idea (TM).  Use backports.

Regards,

-Roberto

Good suggestion, thank you.  However, I checked the page;

http://www.backports.org/debian/pool/main/m/

And I couldn't find mysql-server listed anywhere.  Is there another backport site I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
Ropetin