Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 06:38:29PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Hans du Plooy wrote:
> >On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 14:55 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> >
> >>Ask me about the machine and the ping pong balls some time.

Or the 12 billiard balls where one is lighter/heavier and all you have
is a set of balance scales.

You have to find which one it is plus whether its lighter or heavier in
3 weighings.

I think/hope its 3 :-)

Hint: Its a waste of time, for example, splitting them into 2 groups of
6; i.e. Is it a light one on one side or a heavy one on the other :-)

--
Chris.
======