Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Clive Menzies wrote:
On (20/02/07 21:13), andy wrote:

Potentially a dumb query but I just don't know, and there doesn't seem
to be any documented discussion I can read, so pls humor me on this:

after Etch has done its daily update via update mngr, is it generally
considered a wise thing to reboot the computer to check the take or can
one have a reasonably good degree of confidence that as far as is
reasonable to predict, all will be well?

The only reason you need to reboot is when the kernel is updated.
Rebooting after a general upgrade will make no difference.

Regards

Clive

Clive, Andrew, Ron & John

Thanks for responding to my query. I liked Ron's suggestion of checkrestart and will use that to double check.

Thanks all

/A