re: How to mount Solaris disk as slave?

> From: Nyizsnyik Ferenc <nyizsa@bluebottle.com>
> Subject: re: How to mount Solaris disk as slave?
>
> On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 21:31 -0800, Mike McClain wrote:
> > Did your boot messages (dmesg) not show your Solaris slices?
> > Mine showed hda11-17 as slice0-6 even though fdisk said my last
> > partition was hda10.
> > I'd suggest you try mounting hdb7-14 as ufs ufstype=sun and
> > see if you can read them.
>
> I have only hdb1 to hdb6. When I try to mount hdb4 (the Solaris
> partition), it gives "wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock
> on /dev/hdb4, missing codepage or other error". dmesg shows
> "ufs_read_super: bad magic number".
> This makes sense, because I certainly don't want to mount the slices
> together, but I can't see them one by one.

Please post the output of:
    grep -A2 "Partition check:" /var/log/dmesg

Since I no longer have Solaris installed I'm kind of shooting blind but
try:
    mount -t ufs -o ufstype=sunx86 /dev/hdb7 /mnt
try the same command on hdb8-14.
If none of those work try again with ufstype=sun.

    If that doesn't work try the solaris mailing lists, perhaps there's
an app similar to fsck for solaris on your install CD.
Mike