Re: New Sid iceweasel "already running" when opening second link from T-bird

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:47:20 -0600
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

> Before yesterday's upgrade of Sid's Iceweasel (and the subsequent
> creation of a new profile -- I only moved my bookmarks.html from my old
> profile into the automagically-created new profile, and added Image
> Zoom, Forefastfox-enhanced, and Adblocker), I could click on a link in
> Thunderbird and have that link open in a new tab in Iceweasel.
>
> Now, if Iceweasel is not running, I can click on a T-bird link and
> Iceweasel will open to that link. However, if I then click on a second
> link, I get the error "Iceweasel is already running, but it is not
> responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing
> Iceweasel process, or restart your system."
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Kent West
> Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>

I had this same problem in Debian Etch a while back, and eventually I gave up on the mozilla.org projects. Everytime Iceweasel crashed (Which was every 10 minutes) I had to run "/ps aux | grep iceweasel/" and "/kill -9 pid", replacing pid with Iceweasel's pid.

I never fixed it, and eventually switched from using Iceweasel/Icedove to Galeon/Sylpheed, and I'm a happier man for it.