Re: tracking down software

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:41:09 +0000
andy <geek_show@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

Hi

I am wanting to track down and install some fonts for OpenOffice.org
to use (specifically Times New Roman) and also flash-player plug-in
for Firefox/Iceweasel

Can someone steer me in the right direction please - as in which
repository is likely to have these.

You need to enable contrib and non-free in your sources list. Something
like:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

(just add 'contrib' and 'non-free' to the end of your source)

Do an update and then install 'msttcorefonts' (this will install Times
New Roman and other MS fonts) and 'flashplugin-nonfree' (I think).

HTH,
Andrei

Thanks Andrei - have now downloaded and installed ... no sweat!! Isn't Debian so cool ;-)

Thanks

/A