Re: Inodes date in future - problem

El dom, 18-02-2007 a las 02:48 +0000, David Dawson escribió:
> David Dawson wrote:
>
> > Running Debian Etch on an AMD Athlon 2100+ ECS motherboard with 3 hard
> > disks, the 40 G original hard disk was showing inodes date in future on a
> > user forced fsck.
> > The reason the user forced the fsck was because of a system sluggishness
> > he suspected problems and rebooted with a forced fsck.
> >
> > I have installed etch on another of his hard disks and moved over his home
> > directory to the new disk.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea what would have put inodes dates in the future on
> > this drive only and would this have caused a disk slowdown? It wouldn't be
> > swap issues, I think, since the machine has 2G of RAM.
> >
> > Thanks
> OOPS, forgot to say that it's running Debian kernel 2.6.18-3-k7
> --

Usually, this happens when you mount the file-system on the disk from a
live cd . The reason, I think, is that the LiveCD doesn't configure its
date correctly and if you write to the disk, it gets written on the
future (from the installed distro point of view).

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Best!
Gabriel.

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice."