Re: Newbie Question: Debian and iTunes

On 17-feb-2007, at 14:52, Jan Sneep wrote:

<snippage>

How about iTunes for loading songs onto their iPods? At the moment they use
my Windows Xp machine to fill up their iPods, because of course iTunes
doesn't run on ME. I have to re-boot my machine after they're done because
some iTunes service just grinds my processor down to a walk through
molasses. It would be great if they could use their own machine to load up their iPods, however looking at the iTunes site I don't see a Linux version available for download. I figure there must be at least a few of you that have an iPod and have figured out how to load up tunes with your Debian OS?

Any suggestions / recommendations / warnings would be appreciated.

It was recently announced that code weaver's crossover linux [1] supports iTunes for windows. Since it is based on wine, you might give wine a try too.

[1] http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxoffice/

Peter