Re: How to convert files

John,

Its a linux project (There are libs, executables, scripts, txt, sources and objects.) about 90MB.

I did checkout using a svn program under Win32 and when I took a look to sources and scripts on linux, all those files have CR/LF.

John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org> escribió:
Bob McGowan writes:
> Given the original requirements, I'd agree that using 'file' would be a
> problem, so I'd depend on 'flip' for determining the text/binary
> question.

That depends on what his "binary" files are, and on how important speed is.
As the files he wants to convert are all "DOS" files with CRLF line endings
it may make more sense to use this information to identify the files to
convert rather than trying to figure out which ones are "binary".

Are your "binary" files all of the same type? If so, what is it? And what
is the purpose of all this?
--
John Hasler