Re: Debian 3.1r4 question

On Fri February 16 2007 09:54, Joe Vender wrote:
> Are the CD images provided for Debian 3.1r4 able to do a full, clean
> install of Debian on an zero-filled HDD, or are they just for an upgrade
> from 3.1r3 or earlier? I'd like to try Debian on a clean system, but I'm
> not sure if I can use the 3.1r4 CDs to install it. Please RE or CC to my
> email address.

They are the full install cd's. The only change since day one is that these
images contain the fixes from security.debian.org or other important fixes,
otherwise they are the same as the original 3.1 release. It gives you an
install with all the current fixes already in place instead of needing to
download them after install.