Re: Can't modeprobe ip_tables

Answers below:

On 2/16/07, Mankuthimma <mankuthimma@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

>  First I'd like to show a limitation in my case. The server is at a
> datacenter, so booting a new kernel is highly improbable, only in a
> emergency case.

You say, booting a new kernel is highly improbable. But why are you
recompiling the kernel

Acteually I don't want to compile kernel, I only want iptables and
bridge modules.

> /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o failed
> /lib/modules/2.4.27/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: insmod
> ip_tables failed

What i suggest is that you reinstall the stock debian kernel, apt-get
or download the deb and install by doing dpkg -i.

You should get back your modules setup properly.

I'll try it. I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this, If I
can't I'll ask you guys again.

Thanks in advance.

Fabio.

--
Doses Diárias - Achados de um Programador na Internet
http://dosesdiarias.seucaminho.com