Re: Need Scanner Recommendation

On Thu February 15 2007 20:27, Thomas H. George wrote:
> My Epson Perfection 2400 Photo scanner has died and must be replaced.
> The Epson 4990 is too rich for my budget and the Epson 4490 is not on
> the Sane list of supported scanners?  Has anyone had success with the
> 4490?  Are there better choices in the $100-200 range?

I have an epson stylus photo rx500 that has worked well for me for printing
documents. After reading your post I setup sane to work with gimp and I just
scanned a flyer that was sitting on my desk, very impressive image.

That's the first thing I have ever scanned with it so I don't have much
experience with it but I can tell you it works.. :)