Re: Installing Etch onto a laptop w/out CD device

On Thu February 15 2007 09:38, andy wrote:
> Good day
>
> I have an old-ish laptop with a dodgy CD-device, onto which I want to
> install Etch. I am using Etch on my desktop and the laptop is connected
> to the same LAN that my desktop is on. Is there anyway that I can
> exploit this arrangement to enable me to install onto the laptop?

I'm sure there is but I haven't done that myself so I'm not sure of the
details. I have an older box that I recently installed etch on. Much like you
I had a dodgy CD drive (since replaced) that just wouldn't boot. I got the
install floppy images (boot, root and two network card driver disks) and
installed with that. If that laptop has a floppy drive you could do it that
way.

It was just like old times.. :)