Re: Release of Stable Etch

michael bailey wrote:

>  Does anyone have a good idea of when the release of
> stable Etch is likely ? Is there any chance that it
> will be released in February or is March a more
> realistic date?

I would say that is really optimistic. But dont hold me up on that.

>  I notice from the Feb 9th Bug report that there are
> still 104 release critical bugs to fix.

If on the average one RC bug is fixed per day, it still takes 3 months for
Etch to be released. This is just an estimate. The standard answer is "Etch
will release when it is ready". If you want Etch to be released any faster,
please fix some bugs (or any other bugs for that matter).

raju
--
Kamaraju Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/