Re: Runaway BIND

On Feb 13, 2007, at 3:12 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

On 12.02.07 09:55, Rich Johnson wrote:
well, i suggest you
- upgrade to bind9 (preferrably 9.3)
- check your named.root zone, if it exists and if you have it configured.

Done! Let's hope it helps. I run dist-upgrade (testing) regularly. Perhaps at some point it should specify bind9?

I think I've identified the triggering event. It appears that it was my gateway router (a DSL modem) losing power. Under such conditions the failure to reach the root servers is not surprising.

What is surprising is that such an event brought down _another_ machine.

Would it be fair to say that excessive loggers are ill-behaved?