Re: moving partitions

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 07:43:59PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> I have 2 machines: one is a laptop, the other is an old desktop.
> I wouldn't want to use NFS for this task.  It's designed for file sharing,
> not for file transfer.

good point.

> You can then transfer a partition with

> I wouldn't use `dd' because you'd then end up copying the empty parts of the
> partition as well, and you're forced to use the exact same size, etc...

excellent solution (one of many, I know). I learned something here.

just for the record, I know dd is a bad solution, but I figured the
really simple solution using dd would make some sense in that when He
started playing with the setup, he'd have a good, easy recovery
option. Especially with that windows junk in the way...