Re: Etch and Sarge X-server failures on two different boxes the same day

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 03:56:04PM -0500, Ken Heard wrote:
> Then, on 6 February -- completely out of the blue -- I booted the
> computer, which I had set to log on automatically to my user.  Instead
> however of seeing the KDE desktop, I got an xterm screen, which I
> assumed was a fail-safe xterm session.  When I tried to use it, it did
> not respond; the machine hung.  I was however able to log in, both as
> root and my user, on the ordinary terminals, ctl-alt-F1 to F6.

Have you checked the logs?
Error messages?
Is it still happening?
Contents of .xsession-errors?

Chris.
======
Don't forget to check that your /etc/apt/sources.lst entries point to
etch and not testing, otherwise you may end up with a broken system once
etch goes stable.