Re: Etch fails to load components from CD/DVD

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 02:29:59PM +0000, redhat penguin wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've tried the CD, DVD and Netinstall but everytime it fails to load the
> Components from CD. It says:
> Failed to copy file from CD. Check integrity of the CD. Now when i go to
> check the integrity i get:
> The
> ./pool/contrib/a/avifile-divx-plugin_0.7.44.20051021-2.2+b1_i386.debfile
> failed the MD5 checksum verification.
> Can someone please tell me what i can do to fix this?>

check the md5sum of the iso before burning.

that said, instead potentially making another shiny coaster...

Why is the installer even trying to pull in this file? What stage of
the installation are you in?

you may be able to work-around this by doing a very minimal install
and grabbing everything else from the net.

.02