Re: Introducing the CompatDB.org project

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 05:15:21PM +0100, Philipp Esselbach wrote:

> The current specifications of the CompatDB.org 1.0 XML document format
> can found here ? http://www.compatdb.org/specs-1.0.txt and daily
> snapshots of the compatibility lists here -
> http://www.compatdb.org/page9.html. CompatDB.org is currently
> supporting 30 Linux distributions as well Windows and Mac OS (both
> separate lists)

I only briefly looked at the site and at the spec, so I might have
missed something.  Do you intend for this XML to be written by hand or
is this to be generated by some automated tool?  If the former, please
reconsider and use a simpler plain text format that can be transformed
into XML.  If the latter, is there some proof of concept or reference
implementation?

Regards,

-Roberto

--