Re: grip crashing

Þann 2007-02-11, 14:39:25 (-0600) skrifaði Ron Johnson:

> On 02/11/07 14:30, Olafur Jens Sigurdsson wrote:
> > Hi, every time I put a new CD into my cd drive and grip does a lookup
> > for its names in freedb.org then the program crashes. This happens
> > every time it has to look in freedb.org, if it doesnt have to do that
> > it doesnt crash. Anyone have an idea why this is happening?
>
> Run it from the command line.  Maybe that will give you some
> information.

Weird, doesnt crash now. I have allways used the gnome icon to start
up this application (and checking the properties of that icon I see
that it used only 'grip' as the command, no arguments to it) but
running it from the command line lets it run flawlessly and even
starting it from the gnome icon works fine now.

But there are other issues with this that might (or might not) be
related. First I dont hear any sound from this application when I play
a CD. Second it automatically starts playing the CD even though I have
"Auto-play on disc insert" turned off and third the eject command
works sporadically, sometimes I have to right click the icon on my
desktop and choose eject there to eject the disk (or manually press
the eject button on the drive).

Any ideas about that?

Tia

Oli