Re: Local webserver for testing, needed

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 05:43:30PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 09:22:21 -0600
> Dave Sherohman <esper@sherohman.org> wrote:
> > [1]  Is there a switch I'm not aware of that causes a search for, say,
> > php to return just the actual php packages (i.e., php3 and php4)
> > instead of all the hundreds of phpgroupware-* and other packages that
> > use php?
>
> From 'man apt-cache'
>
> --names-only, -n
> Only search on the package names, not the long descriptions.
> Configuration Item: APT::Cache::NamesOnly.

The "phpgroupware-*" names still match "php".  Granted, that (or the
grep that I normally use instead) takes it down from 314 matches to 144,
but that's still a lot more than just the actual php packages.

--
Windows Vista must be the first OS in history to have error codes for things
like "display quality too high"