Re: Apt source file for etch.

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 01:15:53AM EST, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 15:07 -0500, cga2000 wrote:
> > Could someone direct me to an /etc/apt/sources.list file that works for
> > "etch" or explain how I should go about creating one.  This is normally
> > taken care of by the installer but since I did not have a working
> > connection when I was supposed to execute that step .. I skipped it.
> > And as a result I don't have a valid sources.list.
> >
> > Or is there a dpkg-reconfigure utility that lets me (re)do it after the
> > fact?
>

> ## Christian Marillat's stuff (http://www.debian-multimedia.org/)
> deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main
>
> ## Testing Security
> deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib non-free
>
> ## Testing
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

Thanks.

And to the other poster as well .. Though I'm not sure how his reply
didn't make it to the list.

It's 3:00 AM and I'm too tired to figure it out now.

> Now. when Etch goes stable, The Official and security lines need to be
> changed to "stable"

That's another decision I have to make.

I finally managed to get my nic to work with the 2.6.18 linux kernel ..
I started installing etch back in December 2005 .. and now that etch is
almost there .. I'm thinking I might as well practice my install and
when I have all the answers and figured out exactly what packages I want
.. likely my personal howto will be ready and etch will have become the
new stable.

Thanks much to both..

cga