Re: Xorg restrictions

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 01:13:59AM +0200, ccostin wrote:
> On 2/9/07, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
> >On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 08:26:33PM +0200, ccostin wrote:
> >> Is there a way to limit Xorg resources allocated to an application,
> >> ex.:  not to  open too many windows or to limit the use of (Xorg), eg.
> >> memory allocated by X server (for that application), which could
> >> crash entier OS ?
> >>
> >Allocating too much memory to the X server will not crash the entire OS.
> >

> A weird bug appear when copy&paste from SciTE text editor (syntax
> highlighted code) to OpenOffice Writer. The desktop is flooded with
> (OpenOffice popup) windows , in short time, the entier system became
> uncontrolable and crash, keyboard or mouse , gradually  stop to
> respond, and ssh connections are refused (which normally works fine).

Actually I cannot give you any advice to you regarding the
restrictions you asked for, but as this seems to really be bug of
OpenOffice you should report that bug and include in your report as
much information as possible, so it can be fixed. Maybe others also
suffer from this.

Regards
--
Marcus Blumhagen

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move
in the opposite direction."
                                                      -- Albert Einstein