help with debian start-up freezing

Debian sarge k2.6

Startup stuck on "starting openbsd secure shell server...

I had done a 'apt-get upgrade' and on reboot, debian gets stuck on "Starting openbsd secure shell server: sshd"

And In recovery mode, restarting the computer, it gets stuck on "stopping openbsd secure shell server: sshd"

i removed ssh, but now it freezes after starting up samba daemons

I don't know what causes it. This has been my second debian install with this problem.

Never miss an email again!
Yahoo! Toolbar