Re: error loggers gone crazy - disk full

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 11:51:18AM -0800, tom arnall wrote:
> On Friday 09 February 2007 11:44, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> > > getting rid of evbug does it, but haven't been able to blacklist the
> > > thing. my modprobe.d/blacklist says:
> > >
> > > 	# evbug is a debug tool and should be loaded explicitly
> > > 	blacklist evbug
> > >
> > > but it's still firing at bootup.
> >
> > rename the file might work.
> >

> dont' feel easy jerry-rigging my way out of the problem. do you have any ideas
> for why the modprobe.d/blacklist method is not working?

I agree.

can you tell who is inserting the module? maybe its udev/hotplug
somehow. put it in /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d/ as well? but that doesn't
make sense to me.

mine is listed in modprobe.d/blacklist (yep, I found it, forgot to
escape my globbing in find...bleh.) and works fine.

what kernel?

I've seen other posts about blacklisting not working and specifically
about it generating an error in the boot logs, so you might check
that..