Re: "You have inserted a blank disc. What would you like to do?"

On Thursday 08 February 2007 20:01, Michael S. Peek wrote:
> Hello gurus.
>
> I have an up-to-date etch install and I'm using gnome.
>
> I burned a DVD iso image to a DVD-RW disk.
> I then eject and re-insert the disk, and I get this message in a pop-up
> window:
>
>     You have inserted a blank disc.
>     What would you like to do?
>
> The problem is that the disk is *not* blank.  If I go to a terminal
> window and type "mount /media/cdrom0", and then "ls /media/cdrom0" I can
> see the files, but for some reason gnome wants to insist that this disk
> is in fact blank.
>
> Huh?
>
> An identical machine running sarge does not have this problem.
>
> Anyone else experience this problem?
>
> Michael

I got the same behavior on a Nec DVD drive. Solved he problem, partly, by
flashing it to a new firmware I found googling. (Sorry I did not kept trace
of where). I said partly because it still does not recognize double layer
dvd, as it is suppose to.
Oh, his was a brand new drive....
Thierry