Re: linux-image-2.6.28-4-amd64

Gerard Robin wrote:
Hello,
I use linux-image-2.6.18-3-amd64 (etch)and my connection wifi works fine
(card atheros on a laptop acer aspire 5102wlmi) I installed linux-image-2.6.18-4-amd64 and my connection wifi did not work no longer when I booted on this new kernel. Had someone encounter this problem ?
I don't know enough about the card to know if it's natively supported or not, but if it isn't, and you are using ndiswrapper, you need to use ndiswrapper to reinstall the windows drivers. I've had to do that with my broadcom chip every time I've updated the kernel on my laptop.