Re: Booting Debian/testing fails

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 13:13:07 +0000
Wulfy <wulfmann@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> Now if only we had *more* GUI tools (that weren't crippled 'cos they're
> for "clueless newbies(tm)") not instead of, but as well as the command
> line tools (for those who prefer cryptic and opaque)...  ;@)

A common problem with linux gui tools is that they are often really
just simple front ends to the cli tools, and they often aren't really
easier to use than them; if the user doesn't have a pretty good
understanding of the underlying cli tool he'll be stuck even in the
gui, and if he does he'll find it simpler to just use the cli tool
directly.

There are, of course, many good guis for which the above doesn't hold.

Celejar