Re: No keyboard in gdm-greeter on reboot

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:26:00AM -0500, John Stoffel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been running into a strange issue with gdm on bootup.  The mouse
> works, but the keyboard doesn't.  This has been opened as bug #406457
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=406457), but I
> haven't heard anything back from the maintainer.

I had a similar problem a while back[1]. It turned out that gdm was
trying to run on the same VC as a text console, and the text console
was grabbing all of the keystrokes. I ended up changing the line that
said "0=Standard" to "0=Standard vt7" in the "[servers]" section of
gdm.conf. Mind you, this was a long time ago, but it's worth looking
into.

dt

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.laptop/msg/c92a24076c69749f
--
Dave Thayer           | Whenever you read a good book, it's like the
Denver, Colorado USA  | author is right there, in the room talking to