Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Monday 05 February 2007 22:58, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Hal Vaughan wrote:

> >> Also known as The Show that Killed The Disney Afternoon.  Just
> >> couldn't hold a flame to DuckTales or TaleSpin.
> >
> > Disney Afternoon lasted 2 years after Gargoyles was on, then
> > removed from the schedule.
>
> Yeah, and Gargoyles was the last new show on it, hence my comment.

Not to argue much on such a subject, but not quite.  The local line up
changed from the national one at times, but Gargoyles was on for
1995-1997 only and was removed after that, while the entire thing
continued for 2 more years and 2 more shows were added.  Also,
Gargoyles was popular enough for them to order a 2nd run of 52
episodes, which is a big deal and Disney even went beyond that with the
third season and broke their long standing rule of stopping at 65
episodes.  That only happened for a few episodes (like "Duck Tales").

See this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Disney_Afternoon

And, yes, I'm interested in doing some animation production when my
studio is up and running.  There's a reason I track some things like
this.  Believe it or not, I do have a life.

Hal