Re: bug in etch: "iceweasel -safe-mode" segfaults. disabling pango corrects this.

On 2/5/07, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
Noah Dain wrote:
> When I go to http://syscp-forum.org/ and scroll down the page,
> iceweasel segfaults.  It does so even with a fresh ~/.mozilla and
> running with "-safe-mode" option.  The crash happens immediately and
> is 100% reproducible.
>
> However, if I use env variable "MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1", iceweasel runs
> as expected (no crash).  I got that tidbit from
> http://www.debianhelp.org/node/3536/ which was posted to this list
> before.  However, in this case there is no output indicating libpango.
> Just the segfault mesage.
>
> I think it should be noted that I am running iceweasel under KDE.
> Also, the official Firefox2 release works fine.
>
> platform is i386.
>
> $ apt-cache policy iceweasel
> iceweasel:
> Installed: 2.0.0.1+dfsg-2

Not here.

hugo@debian:~$ apt-cache policy iceweasel
iceweasel:
   Installed: 2.0.0.1+dfsg-2
   Candidate: 2.0.0.1+dfsg-2
   Version table:
  *** 2.0.0.1+dfsg-2 0
         500 file: sid/main Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I was able to use strace to hunt down the problem.  It seems when I
brought over some true type fonts, they ended up with 0600
permissions.  Some of the links on that page must have wanted
"tahoma.ttf", and when iceweasel went to open it, it segfaulted.

I'll submit this tomorrow, errr, make that later today, time willing.

--
Noah Dain
"The beatings will continue, until moral improves" - the Management