Re: Booting Debian/testing fails

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 08:18:20PM +0000, Chris Lale wrote:
I hope not! Perhaps we need a debian-newbie-users list? It would need some more-experienced users prepared to monitor the list and offer "gentle" advice. The NewbieDOC project used to have a list like this. Unfortunately, it ceased to function as it lost a critical mass of more-experienced users, and had to be closed a couple of years ago.

One problem with this approach is that without proper newbie
documentation promently available on the website (like the points I made
earlier to this or the other thread on this topic), the list will just
get the same questions over and over again.
[...]

Exactly.
That is why you will
a. find some articles on the NewbieDOC wiki about issues that have originated on the d-u list, and b. find references to these articles in subsequent d-u posts, thus reducing d-u traffic.

A good example is the recurring issue of Aptitude.

--
Chris.