Re: install 4.0 on usb hdd

Thanks all for responses!

(Douglas Allan Tutty)
> As I understand it, some enclosures are bootable and some aren't.

Hm! I'll get hdd for few days. And, I still have patient to get final
4.0 to make install.

(Hugo Vanwoerkom)
> I am having trouble using my USB disk with mkinitrd.yaird ...

I plan to install from the start, from CD. System on inner hdd is bsd.
Want to avoid any problem, making it separatelly. I will just boot
cd, get it on external hdd, put grub on the first part of _external_
disk and boot from bios. Mbr on internal hdd should not have any
knowledge about usb drive. If works, I could go further (plan9).
My nightmare is: how to put boot loader for just _external_ drive on
_external_ drive? If I have two standalone disks, internal and usb,
would bios see them the way I like?

                                       Zoran