RE: I have a question...

Debian is not compatbile with Windows XP.  Programs written for
Windows will not run on Debian, and vice-versa, just like programs
for the Mac won't run on Windows.

There ARE ways to run Windows programs under Debian, but they're
all complicated.  If you have Windows programs that you can't live
without, then you'll probably want to set up a dual-boot system,
one that has both Debian and Windows.  I believe the new Debian
Etch installer gives you this option.

Hope this helps.

-- Kevin