new themes ...

Wow - did this theme have an animated 3D poochie or clippy?

I wonder if there is a 'SETI' theme out there...

It is also not unusual to find badly designed monitoring gizmos.  For example, a panel meter that polls in a very tight loop - since humans take a long time to react (and probably aren't watching that panel all the time) I would never update a panel more than twice per second - and it's not easy to think of a tool that will require even this fast update.