install 4.0 on usb hdd

Howdy!
I'd like to know is there any insite how coming 4.0 installs on usb
hard drive? My intention is to keep all data, including mbr and par-
tition table for internal drive intact. I want to install from cd to
usb hdd, put grub on first 512 of that external disk and finaly boot
from bios. Is it possible? I would avoid to write anything on that
internal hdd. Just on new, portable usb system.
Best regards

                                    Zoran