Re: sources.list urls for Etch

danny@dannysrealm.com wrote:
> I have Etch and got my systems (laptop and desktop) running nicely.
> I an still realitively new to Debian/Linux and love it.
> I understand Etch is frozen and will soon be the stable version.
> I want to make sure I have the correct urls in my sources.list file.

> This is what I have now:

> deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ testing main
> deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ testing main

> deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main

> I looked every where and cannot find anything conclusive.

deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian etch main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free

That's all you need.
By using "etch" instead of "testing" you make sure that you really get
etch - otherwise you would get the new testing distribution once etch
is stable.
You only need an deb-src entry if you want to do something with the
sources like building your own packages.

--
Thomas Weinbrenner