Re: Laptop Recommendations? Thinkpad Sound

Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> schrieb am 02.02.2007 15:30:57:

> > because it didnt liked the Broadcom TG3 ethernet.
> [snip]
>
> Same here. I used a pcmcia card (still using it in fact because Broadcom
> still not working).

The www.kernel.org pristine kernel works with it,
I downloaded the source and build the kernel package myself using
make-kpg..

> Did you get sound to work? I've configured it with alsaconf and it went
> off correctly but no sound apart from beep. No idea how to solve this.

Sounds works for me:

dpkg -l "alsa*"

ii  alsa-base            1.0.13-3          ALSA driver configuration files
ii  alsa-oss             1.0.12-1          ALSA wrapper for OSS
applications
ii  alsa-utils           1.0.13-2          ALSA utilities
ii  alsamixergui         0.9.0rc2-1-9      graphical soundcard mixer for
ALSA soundcard
ii  alsaplayer           0.99.76-0.3sarge1 PCM player designed for ALSA
ii  alsaplayer-common    0.99.76-9         PCM player designed for ALSA
(common files)
ii  alsaplayer-gtk       0.99.76-9         PCM player designed for ALSA
(GTK version)
ii  alsaplayer-oss       0.99.76-9         PCM player designed for ALSA
(OSS output mod

lspci | grep -i audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

Bruno