Re: How do I undelete a file in GNU/Linux or UNIX?

Glen Yu wrote:

> If I accidentally deleted a file in any GNU/Linux or Unix-based OS, is
> there anyway I can recover those files?

The good news is the file can be recovered in exactly the same way as you do
in windows:  Restore the file from a recent backup.

The bad news is you need to have a backup handy.  External firewire hard
drives of massive capacity are getting inexpensive, and faubackup can
handle nightly backups like a champ.