ProFTPD fails to start

hi,

I just installed ProFTPD using 'apt-get install proftpd'.
The installation was successful but it said: ProFTPd warning: cannot
start neither in standalone nor in inetd/xinetd mode. Check your
configuration.
My /etc/proftpd.conf has:

ServerName         "rhftp"
ServerType         inetd
DeferWelcome         off

ShowSymlinks         on
MultilineRFC2228      on
DefaultServer         on
ShowSymlinks         on
AllowOverwrite         on

TimeoutNoTransfer      600
TimeoutStalled         600
TimeoutIdle         1200

DisplayLogin                    welcome.msg
DisplayFirstChdir               .message
LsDefaultOptions                "-l"

# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.
Port            21

# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new files and dirs
# (second parm) from being group and world writable.
Umask            022  022

# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes
# to 30.  If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections
# at once, simply increase this value.  Note that this ONLY works
# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server
# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service
# (such as xinetd)
MaxInstances         30

# Set the user and group that the server normally runs at.
User            nobody
Group            nogroup

# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
<Directory /*>
 AllowOverwrite      on
</Directory>

# A basic anonymous configuration, no upload directories.

<Anonymous ~ftp>
 User            ftp
 Group            nogroup
 # We want clients to be able to login with "anonymous" as well as "ftp"
 UserAlias         anonymous ftp

 RequireValidShell      off

 # Limit the maximum number of anonymous logins
 MaxClients         10

 # We want 'welcome.msg' displayed at login, and '.message' displayed
 # in each newly chdired directory.
 DisplayLogin         welcome.msg
 DisplayFirstChdir      .message

 # Limit WRITE everywhere in the anonymous chroot
 <Directory *>
   <Limit WRITE>
     DenyAll
   </Limit>
 </Directory>

 # Uncomment this if you're brave.
 <Directory incoming>
            <Limit READ WRITE>
            DenyAll
            </Limit>
            <Limit STOR>
            AllowAll
            </Limit>
 </Directory>

</Anonymous>

Can someone tell me what could be/is wrong?
Also i seem to have a 'proftpd' dir. in /etc (/etc/proftpd) inside
there is: modules.conf  and proftpd.conf is this normal?