Where to save « mknod -m 600 /dev/raw1394 c 171 0 »... ???

Hello everyone,

I habe been a user of Linux for over one a half year, sporting Debian 3.1, now with Kernel 2.6.8, KDE 3.3 on a Pentium PC, and I'm very satisfied. I also have a FireWire card by VIA Technologies (OHCI compatible).

Unbelievable: how come that on Knoppix (a Debian derivate) sixty three (!!!) character device files of the type « /dev/videoXX » are created on install, and zero (nill, none) on the original Debian? Similarly: why is the device file « /dev/raw1394 » created on install on Knoppix and not on Debian?
Anyway.

So I had to create some manually, as root:
mknod -m 600 /dev/raw1394 c 171 0
mknod -m 600 /dev/video0 c 171 16
and then (so a regular user could get access ) :
chmod 666 /dev/raw1394
chmod 666 /dev/video0
Right.

And I was able to capture video with Kino (GREAT programme, by the way!).
Wonderful.

But on reboot, those device files were gone with the wind.

So here's my question:
how shall I proceed so that the device files remain; that means: on Debian 3.1 in which file and/or directory shall I write the above instructions?

Thanks in advance

ludo