Re: Default firewall in etch

Marc D Ronell <mronell@alumni.upenn.edu> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Isn't there a *default* firewall
install when you setup a basic version of etch? If I didn't
specifically install a firewall, does that mean that there is
currently no firewall setup?

I am happy to write and work with iptables using a script from
/etc/init.d, but I thought etch might have a *default* firewall
pre-configured? Maybe not? :).

Thanks,

marc
I do not think there is a default firewall ; in any case, I have never heard about it.
The default policy is ACCEPT for all iptables chains.

--
Franck

All New Yahoo! Mail ? Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.