Re: Dual head setup

Hi Greg, thanks for your reply

> To get my video card working and stable, I had to use the fglrx module
> provided by ATI. (http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
Mine is a Radeon 7000 - not supported by fglrx, but supported by the
opensource radeon driver.

> Before I did all the above, I did get the dual head working under Xorg
> with the radeon module, but it would frequently crash with this message
> in Xorg.0.log:
> (EE) RADEON(0): FIFO timed out, resetting engine...
> This xorg.conf is also included below.

It would be unstable because the radeon module has little more than basic
support for the X600.  Was this dual head in an extended desktop mode (as
opposed to mirror)?  Do you by any chance still have this config file
around?

> Here is my config.
Thanks, I'll try adapting mine with your one's info tonight and see how it
goes.

Hans