Re: Can't post to list with mutt/exim4?!

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:02:47AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> I went the headers-rewrite route with exim/mutt for a while and just
> go myself into more trouble. IIRC, the thing to do is set all your
> headers and envelope headers in mutt and then allow
> local_sender_retain and put yourself in trusted_users
>
> local_sender_retain = true
> trusted_users = <your name here>

Thanks for the hint, I'll try that setup. But as I am really lazy and
have only one mail address anyway it was easier than entering the
proper address in. Didn't bother to change muttrc. Also the time I
needed it I found it hard to get caff running without the need to
rewrite headers.

> There will still be evidence of the local machine

One can remove those to. For me it is sufficient to use

headers_remove = Message-ID:Received

Couldn't see any evidence of the local machine in my test mails'
headers.

Regards
Marcus