Re: Boot logs ?

Frank McCormick <fmccormick@videotron.ca>:
>  On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:37:35 +0000 (GMT)
>  "s. keeling" <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:
>
> > Frank McCormick <fmccormick@videotron.ca>:
> > >
> > >     Does Debian (Sarge testing) save COMPLETE boot logs anywhere?
> >
> > fwiw, Sarge is stable, Etch is testing.  Next testing (after Etch goes
>
>    So what am I running? - I installed Sarge, and picked the testing

   i) What's in /etc/apt/sources.list?

  ii) IFF that points to Etch/testing, have you done a dist-upgrade?

>  repository. Am I now on Etch? Not that it matters to me. As you can see

It matters for security updates, as far as I know.  This may have
changed.

>  I am new to Debian although I have been running its derivative Ubuntu.

But now you're on stock Debian, not Ubuntu, yes?

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html